Thursday, January 5, 2012

Public Indecency

I had a doctor appointment this afternoon.  I was really nervous because for some reason I was seeing someone else in the practice. Did my PA leave? Did she dump me on someone else?

I'm not good with this kind of change... and would have cancelled if it weren't for the fact that I have to have this little cocktail of pharmaceuticals on a daily basis.

The good news is that my PA didn't leave and didn't dump me, the scheduler had apparently made a bunch of errors and all the patients were mixed up. The (semi-) bad news is that my PA asked if I would be okay seeing the other PA today and they would get it all fixed for the next appointment.... "She's really nice, I promise!"

I know this probably does not seem like a big deal, but it is.  You don't just jumble-up a bunch of "crazy people" from what they are used too. And apparently it's been a week long ordeal.

So fine,  I'll put on my big-girl-panties and see the "really nice" PA.

To help manage my stress I decided to block out the other 16 people in the waiting room and watch Star Trek.  What I didn't plan for was my Pavlovian response to Star Trek. This is the movie I put on to relax and fall asleep to... WHICH I DID!


(a reenactment photo)

I woke up 45 minutes later... to a waiting room with only two other people... and they were both looking. at. me.

I wiped the drool off of my face. Gave a shaky little smile.  Two little smirks were returned. I am pretty sure that more than one of the following things happened during my nap:

drool (yup)
whimpering (probably)
sleep babble (...)
gas (oh God, please no)

I image how my handsome boy looks when he's napping.  Stomach growls, heavy breathing, phantom cat chasing, and gas.  It's the gas that I fear.

But you can't say "Please excuse me if I gassed while randomly sleeping in the waiting room."

If I DID gas... I hope it was a HUGE, LOUD, OBNOXIOUS one... because that will give them a better story to tell their friends. Tehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment