Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dr. Google

At 4:00 this morning the hubby and I were desperately looking for our nasal sprays for allergies... not to be found.  We must have run out.

I was in so much pain I became desperate.  Isn't there a spot on the foot that is supposed to help this shiz?  With sinus pressure so bad that I could barely look at the screen I turned to Dr. Google for my middle-of-the-night medical "emergency."

A lot of reports of this being "hokey-poky"... but I was willing to try anything.

From the Triple Tree Center w-site.

I've asked my youngest girlie to model what I was doing in the middle of the night. (No one needs to see my feet... I need a pedicure!)


I'm much more flexible than Caitlin, so I was able to use some of my yoga skills but this is basically how I was sitting in the middle of the bed. Except I had my feet crossed at the ankles... but Caitlin has bony ankles and wasn't comfortable. Models can be soooo demanding :)


I applied pressure to the middle of the pad of each toe, moving from my big toe to the little piggy that went "wee wee wee" all the way home.

Here's the deal.  This worked for me.  I don't know if it was just concentrating on something other than my sinus pressure; or the power of suggestion; or if there is a correlation between my toe pads and my sinus tract.  What I do know is that I felt better and was able to go to sleep.

We're headed out to the Nasher with the cousins.  Should have lots of cool pictures for another post today.  Hopefully it's not crowded.

No comments:

Post a Comment