Thursday, March 8, 2012

Geographic Tongue

Back to the doctor this afternoon... for the last time, yea!!  I've been given a "much better" bill of health.  Get it? Not a "clean" bill of health 'cause I'm still sick... anywho. I can return to work on Monday.

I sound better and look better. Ya know, on the inside.  'Cause I am a great big give-up on the outside.  You see the bottom of this photo?  What should be the top of a shirt? Or dress? Nope, those are my pajamas.  Yup, I went there. Well, I put pants on. And a jacket-y thing.  But still. Pajamas.

I'm really looking forward to feeling better.

You can tell I feel better because I took photos :)
(instead of lying down and whimpering)

So even though I don't have to go back for another check up, unless something doesn't feel right, I still have to do another month of breathing treatments. Well, 25 more days anyway. 

I found out a fun fact during this illness episode.... I have a geographic tongue!


I have always been self-conscious of my tongue... cause it's ugly.  Not only is it weird looking (geographic) but I also have scars from a nice big bite when I was little.  But know that I am one of the 2% of people on the planet with a geographic tongue I feel... still self-conscious.  But I have buddies out there somewhere.

The geographic tongue would explain why I have immediate reactions to some foods (jalapeno incident with Beth) and why my tongue looks different from day to day.

So I came home and told hubby that I am not a complete freak of nature... 2% of the population are freaks with me!  And do you know what he said? "I think I have that too!"

Dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment