Friday, December 16, 2011

Ugly in 2011

I hosted my first Ugly Ornament Party tonight. I say "hosted", which means I sent out the invite. We all met at Mi Cocina and it was dutch treat... but I did provide the prizes too.

Amy won Grand Ugly Prize... with a GIANT jewel ornament.
Karen won Funniest Prize... with an unfortunately broken boy scout ornament, only one of his three-finger-salute was in tact... so it was a totally different message.
Kelli won Cheapest... a $1.oo pickle ornament (which I keep in the exchange.)
Siobain won Loser... her mouse/rabbit(?) wasn't ugly enough.

I still don't know how I didn't win... Or Sarah, because we both brought the SAME ugly ornament! Hehe!

Amy, Me, Siobain, Kelli (high), Sarah (low), Karen, Stacy

I had so much fun that I didn't take pictures! Shame on me!  So this is the only one we have... and the guy who took it was hi-larious.

This is a really great group of women and I am so lucky to call them friends, and especially lucky to call two of them sisters. I had a wonderful evening of eating, laughing, and drinking.

Okay, maybe too much drinking.  Had to call hubby to pick me up. Total drag for him.  This "don't drink and drive" and "call a friend" doesn't work at my age. By the time you are 37 it's just "don't drink too much, ass head"...

I'm the "ass head"... but better safe than sorry. Although I do wish I had let one of the ladies drive me home instead of getting hubby involved. (don't get me wrong, I wasn't stinking drunk, just over the limit.)

Lots of love to everyone who came and made my evening wonderful!

Kisses!
:)K

No comments:

Post a Comment