Thursday, December 29, 2011

Open Mic Night

We had a great family outing tonight! Michael's been wanting to play at an open mic night for a while and he found this place, Buon Giorno Coffee House.  It's a really nice place with super nice people.

I was having panic attacks about the whole evening... not because of Michael, I knew he would be great.  But because a)I've never been here; b)there will be people there; c)it's probably a "cool" place; and d)it's not my bedroom.

But I decided I had to "suck it up" and go or I would regret it forever.  And it turned out to be a really nice evening.

Open mic was supposed to start at 8:00 but it didn't start until 8:45... so we had plenty of time to chill.

Hubby ordered some tea (I got some apple cider... yum!)

The girlies shared a huge slice of chocolate cake.

I totally beat Caitlin at 4 in a row!

We all played Uno, so fun! I forgot to mention that hubby's sister Patricia came too... 
the girlies kept giving her +2 cards.

And finally, my handsome hubby at the mic.

He did such a good job! He is totally beating himself up for some mistakes (which I didn't hear) but I think he was fantabulous! (And did I mention handsome?) There were two other guys and they were both really good too.  When hubby was done he came and sat down at the table... I've never seen my Mexican hubby blush before. Adorables!

Can't wait to go see him again.  Now that I've been to the place maybe I won't stress out so much...

I used Siobain's iPod for photos again.  I was too anxious to bring in my camera... I wanted to blend a little... as if. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment