Monday, December 26, 2011

Joyeux Anniversaire Eleanor

Happy Birthday Eleanor!

My third girlie turned SIX today! Wow!  Growing so fast. I have to say, my favorite birthday party so far! We all went to see Les Miserables... well, Katherine couldn't go so they met us afterwards.

This is my sixth time to see les mis.  Sigh.  My very favorite favorite favorite musical of all time.  I was so excited to take my girlies.  We've been listening to the music and I've been telling them the story line leading up to today so that they could follow the story better.


The four girlies at the Windspear Opera House standing with the iconic image of Les Mis.


Eleanor and Caitlin were so excited for the show to start.


Siobain and hubby amused themselves until the show started...
... I don't even ask.


Since we were dressed up I thought we should have a family photo taken.
I don't know why I told Caitlin to hold the empty box.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.


Gorgeous and the girlies.


Katherine joined us at the restaurant and we sat together.


Eleanor opened her gifts.  She was super excited to get a Harry Potter doll.

This was a wonderful day spent with my whole family.  The best part, for me, was how much Caitlin enjoyed the show.  Siobain wasn't that into it but when I asked Caitlin if she liked it she said "No, I didn't like it. I LOVED it!"

They have made some amazing stage changes since I last saw the show 15 years ago.  Amazing!  And the actors who played Jean Valjean and Javert had such wonderful voices... everyone in the cast was wonderful... and the orchestra too!

Lovely day. Lovely girlie. Happy Birthday Eleanor!

No comments:

Post a Comment