Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Third Joyful Mystery

But the angel said, 'Do not be afraid. Look, I bring you news of great joy, a joy to be shared by the whole people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the lord.
Luke 2:10-11

And so today we celebrated the birth of Jesus with gifts and love to each other. It was a beautiful day.  Siobain crawled into my bed at 5:45, with the coldest feet ever, and giggled us awake.  I managed to get her to cuddle for 15 minutes before getting out of bed. It is so fun to watch a gift opened and see the excitement it brings.


We had a camera malfunction... 
Siobain is the blur top left and Caitlin is the blur bottom right.


My handsome boy was excited to receive his gifts too.

We attended 9:00 am mass at the convent.  There were only about 20 people and my girlies were the only children.  There was a guest priest and the poor man had a horrible cold.  He was full of joy for the occasion despite his cold and gave my girlies big giggles when he kept sneezing and blowing his nose while singing Joy to the World... it was a little funny.

We were at Gorgeous' house by 10:10 and got to spend a little more time with the cousins. Hubby and the girlies played spoons while I became addicted to Perplexus Epic.

I took a nap in the middle of the day... Santa stayed up late and Mommy got up early :)

We spent the day with Gorgeous and then ate the wonderful meal she prepared.  We are so lucky to have Gorgeous. The girlies and I got home at 9:30 tonight.  Ready to go to sleep with joy in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment