Monday, December 5, 2011

Doggie in Distress

My handsome boy caused me a bit of anxiety today. His breathing was... distressed. That's the only way I can describe it.  I was concerned that he had inhaled some bad stuff when he did this...


So we went to the "dogtor," as Spartacus would say.

He checked out medically, heart and lungs sound good.  Stomach and bowels too. But we did learn that my handsome boy suffers from weather anxiety. Since I'm such a home body this hasn't been a problem. I guess someone is usually here during thunderstorms. With no one to cuddle Spartacus went a little nutso...

But now we have some meds to help him through really bad storms. And we're looking into D.A.P for milder storms... Dog Appeasing Pheromone. We might also be checking out a thunderstorm CD to do some calming exercises.  I wonder if Vera treats dogs? Spartacus and I could go together.


My boy is resting from all the excitement.
We are all so happy there wasn't any internal damage done.

No comments:

Post a Comment