Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Moments Matter

2011 has started great! Me and my girlies had a great time today (and as I write this post I am being serenaded by my hubby with the BeeGee's Jive Talkin'!)

It is my goal to take at least one photo every day this year. 365 photos for this blog and hopefully many more for scrapbooking. I've gotten photo lazy the last couple of years. We've been so busy rushing around working and schooling and working and worrying that we, or at least I, have not stopped to appreciate the moment. I'm changing that. The moments matter.

We danced today. We sang. We played outside. We were together.

Cookie and I went looking for a new camera at Best Buy. They were all out... So today's picture is from my webcam. Not great quality but great content! I made it black/white to embrace the grainy quality.

The photo is from a high angle. My girls can take a picture from any angle and look fantastic, but this angle takes away 2 of my 3 chins :)

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop." - Ansel Adams

Ansel's "significant" photographs and a "significant" photograph from me are a world apart. But for my last post of 2011 I aim to pick my 12 favorite photos of the year. Check back in!

I'll leave you with a video celebrating a significant accomplishment in my youngest girlies life, she is officially a biker!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo of you and the girls. Just found the invite to your blog and I will be checking it often.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA ... love the blog as well ... so, i clicked the link to watch the video and was like ... "DANG, where the great audio come from!" THEN I remembered, oh yeah, that's what she does for a living HAHAHA! :-)

    ReplyDelete