Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Noise of Art

Honey, my oldest girlie, is constantly drawing. She's really quite good and has a passion for Manga.

OMG, here's the picture.

Isn't she cute, blah blah blah. I was going to do a little bragging on her artwork but I'm incredibly distracted now.

We have just had our first "What are you listening to?" argument. How old am I? 80? I thought I was, ya know, musically current... kind-of. Lady GaGa, Ke$ha, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Flo Rida - I know them. I listen to them. I'm not tied down to the Bee Gees, BNL, and Neil Diamond (although I do LOVE them.)

But what is that noise coming from my daughters computer? And, kill me now, why am I reacting like I'm Mrs. Cleaver and all "I don't understand what you kids are listening to now?"

But it's like nails on a chalkboard.

The worst part. I've shown her my weakness. My angel will sneak this music onto my iPod and when I am vulnerable and in a "safety shuffle zone" not expecting "noise" and it will ATTACK my audio senses.

Must. not. leave. my. ipod. alone.

For your listening pleasure, Caramell...

1 comment:

  1. the music doesn't bother me. it's catchy in a "barbie girl" kind of way... but those little characters drawn above the play bar are kind of like bratz.

    ReplyDelete