Monday, August 13, 2012

Chasing Shade

After kissing the family and sending them off to park-hop I headed straight down to the pool. At breakfast I noticed the pool was completely shaded and I wanted to take advantage of it, but by the time I changed, kissed the girlies, and made it to the pool there was only 1/3 of shade left.

The water felt wonderful and I stayed in as long as I could... Heading east in the pool to stay in the shadow of the building as the sun rose, eventually ending up in the toddler wading area with just 2 feet of water.

Then I headed to a deck chair to read and enjoy the not-Texas weather. So nice and "cool" with a gentle breeze. I chased the shade to another deck chair and then at 12:30 had to give up on the pool... kind of. The hotel has a lovely poolside cafe that is completely shaded where I could still enjoy the fine weather and have black bean soup, a wedge salad, and a diet coke.

Now I'm up in the room for a little siesta before deciding, at my leisure, how to spend the afternoon.

Amazing that I stayed completely in the shade all morning and still have a bit of sun burn. SPF 50 for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment