Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bonus - Pronouns are important...

My house. Your house. 


This is my house.

The pronoun "your" would have saved me from social awkwardness this evening... well, at least one of the awkward moments :)

Tonight we went to meet Caitlin's teacher and see her new classroom.  We brought her girlie friend with us because I didn't know what time she was being picked up.  Her mom called while we were at the school and we had a quick conversation about how to get the girlie friend back to her mom. She said whatever is easiest for me...

Here is what I said, "Okay, I'll drop her at the house." Meaning... It is more convenient for me to bring her to your house after the open house so I don't feel rushed.

Here is what she heard, "Okay, I'll drop her at the house." Meaning... It is more convenient for me to bring her to my house so I don't have to make the drive to your house.

So after sitting in her car at my house for half an hour she sent me a text: Ur neighbors r getting suspicious!!

I found this text very confusing... until I spoke with her and found out that she was sitting in my drive waiting at "the" my house.

Tehehehehe he.

Caitlin's teacher seems charming.  AND Shona's son is in the class too.  It was so nice to hear a (loud) "Kathleen" when I entered the room. Made the event much easier for me to have someone I know and trust there.

No comments:

Post a Comment