Monday, June 20, 2011

Mexican Chicken


Scared Mexicans

I pun. I kid.

This was a mexican chicken kinda day.  Comfort food was definitely called for.

- Slept late.
- Almost hit the damn boat down the street (again.)
- Got to work and my cube was set up all wrong.
- Had a little temper tantrum (not really, but definitely a melt-down.)
- Sweat was involved. (not a good look for me)
- Spent several minutes under my desk trying to figure out why my monitor wasn't working. (seriously considered staying under there.)
- Gave up and put a call into the help desk.
- Computer expert arrived.
- ...and pushed the "power" button on my monitor.
... the humiliation...

Topped the day off by sending a company wide email with a major miss-spelling.

But! I am about to eat mexican chicken and the world will be good again.

Mexican Chicken
1 chopped white onion (bigger the better)
4 chicken breasts cooked and diced (or a rotisserie chicken if you are a cheater like me)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 can rotel diced tomatoes (extra hot if your husband isn't a wimp)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
corn chips (I like the mini rounds)
1 stick butter (optional if you REALLY need comfort food)

1. saute chopped onion (can be done in Pam or something if you don't want to use butter)
2. add chicken, soups, and tomatoes (I use liquid in one can and drain the other)
3. stir until heated
4. line bottom of casserole dish with chips (I like a nice thick layer)
5. pour soup mix over chips and sprinkle with cheese
6. bake in oven at 450 (? I change it every time) for (? until the cheese bubbles)

Serve with fresh chips and any green vegi (except asparagus because they are gross.)
Servings... depends on how much comfort you need :)

No comments:

Post a Comment