Friday, June 24, 2011

Big Sister

I called the girls in to have a serious conversation.  They both bounced in so perky and a little tan and freshly showered and on summer time and happy and .... I had to take a picture.

Caitlin - Did you call us in just to take a picture
Me - No, but you're so cute
Caitlin - Ok... you can see my freckles


I love these two girls
with all my heart
with all my thoughts
and with all my prayers

This morning, at about 12:15 AM, I received a call from honey's phone.  Caitlin was homesick and wanted to come home. This is the second time she's gotten homesick this summer.  She was very tearful but I knew it was just because she was tired and up way too late.

I asked Siobain if she would lay down and cuddle Caitlin for 10 minutes and they could call me back if she still wanted to come home.

At about 12:25 AM the phone rang again.  Siobain said that Caitlin wasn't crying anymore but still wanted to come home.

Okay, I'm on my way.

At about 12:40 AM the phone rang again.  Siobain said that Caitlin was sound asleep.  At that point I was in the car and only 5 minutes away...

But I asked Siobain to please go to sleep with her sister and cuddle her all night long and call me if she wakes up again.

And I turned my car around and went back home to bed.

At about 8:45 AM this morning I called Siobain.  My sleepy girl answered the phone.  No, Caitlin was not awake; Yes, she would keep cuddling her; Yes, they would call me when Caitlin woke up.

At about 9:45 AM this morning Siobain called. Caitlin was still sleeping but could she get up anyway?

Yes. And thank you. For being the very best big sister ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment