Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wheels Off!

I'm a longtime listener, a P1 to those like-minded, of "sports radio" 1310 The Ticket. One of their oft used terms is "wheels off" and boy was I wheels off today. I don't even know what to post about.

I could post about...
...how I kept bumping into walls today.  Not discreetly, because I can't seem to do anything discreetly. I actually BOUNCED off the walls. The hallways have not narrowed. I have not gotten noticeably larger than yesterday... and yet a bumper car I became, in some sick one bumper car game.

OR
I could post about...
...the amazing Bob W, who brightens and lightens my day any time I see him.  Today he pulled a fishing rod out of his pocket.  That's right, he pulled a fishing rod out of his pocket.  Where is my camera when I need it? His comic timing is fantastic and if he ever decides to leave the world of publishing he could make a killing in comedy.
OR

I could post about...
...the awkward moment when I said "No, everyone needs to sit in the circle of chairs I created like an AA meeting." Really, do I need so say more than the fact that THAT statement was ushered from my lips? Yes? Let me break it down for you.

There are three ways this could be interpreted. 1) I'm an alcoholic and know how to set up a room; 2) I am making fun of alcoholics, a very hard topic to find humorous; or 3) I've watched enough movies and am crass enough to utter this statement without my brain fully approving it.

Okay, maybe there are more than three ways to interpret this situation... but number three is the winner. The prize? COMPLETE AND UTTER SILENCE. A-W-K-W-A-R-D. Then, to "break" the awkwardness I threw a jelly bean at Keith, 'cause that's something a mature person does.

OR

I could post about...
...how mad I am at Stacy and Karen. They went to CVS and had a "Karen incident" without me! Apparently Karen ran over a trophy-wife with her shopping cart.  She's not allowed to have the incidents without me.  And to add to the atrocity, Stacy didn't take pictures. AND Stacy said the trophy-wife was very dramatic-y about the whole thing.  Like she was going to die and sue.

OR
I could post about...
...how Vera, my therapist, has witnessed the real me.  The one that beats a dead horse. The awkward-won't-leave-a-subject-alone me.  I actually went back into her office after I left to say "we can never talk about this again and you can't be mad at me and it has to go back into the box." I. Went. Back.  I am the crazy character in her "Vera" movie. I bet she talks to HER therapist about me. (okay, maybe I'm being paranoid here. She really is one of the kindest people I know.)

OR
I could post about...
...how I came home to tell my family about the most-wheels-off-day-ever and my husband said "wow, she's had a lot of wheels-off days"

OR

I could post about how lucky I was to have lunch with my little Kate, handsome Hank, and beautiful Siobain.  It was so much fun! Siobain was going to be in the area and wanted to know if I could go to an early lunch. Ha-shizzle, yes!

We went for Italian because Kate will eat Italian... and put it in her lap... and in my hand... and on the floor... and in her hair.  "Angel hair pasta" has a WHOLE new meaning for me.  But I have never met such a beautiful girl. Well, not including girlies number one, two, three, and four. 

She is so fun and kept pushing the button to take a new photo.  We would say "smile" and she would... but then she would concentrate to push the button and take the picture. So adorable!


Speaking of adorable... have ya' met Hank? I've only truly loved three men in my life, Daddy, Hubby, and Hank. (As a side note I do also love my bro-in-laws Peter and Jason... but come on, can they compete with Hank?)

No comments:

Post a Comment