Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Gorgeous Painting

I was so excited when Gorgeous agreed to go painting with me tonight, I really wanted to do the Christmas Cardinal painting at Texas U Can Paint.

We met early and had a quick dinner, I had a really yummy Greek salad, and then we headed to the paint studio.  There were close to 30 people in the class and for once I was not the obnoxious person... I don't think I was even in the top 5.  And Gorgeous is very classy, so it's good that even with my loud laugh I didn't stick out. (Yes, those that have heard my laugh, I kid you not... they were louder than me!)


All my life I've never really seen mom do any drawing or painting. She's an artist at needlepoint and sewing... There are two pair of needlepoint shoes that she made back in the day. Totally cool!  Tonight I found out that she had a discouraging art experience in kindergarten and that is why she doesn't put paint/crayon/pencil to paper.

Well, she kicked a$$ tonight! It was so fun watching her painting come alive.


A gorgeous painting by Gorgeous!
(and one by me)


2 comments:

  1. Nice! I can't paint or draw save for in the 3 dreams I had in my life about painting/drawing. Even though it is eleventy-seven degrees in Toronto, I still felt a shiver when I saw the above image. Good job. Is there going to be a Santa and sleigh added? lol

    By the way, if you're interested, I am hosting a 3-day blog fest called Dog Days of Summer from Aug 10-12. I'd love to have you aboard!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your mom look so much alike. I guess I never noticed it before. What a fun time together.

    ReplyDelete