Friday, July 6, 2012

80's

This week I decided I was going to start wearing makeup again. I have a very "on-again, off-again" relationship with cosmetics.

When I was thirteen my dad said "it's time for you to wear make-up. Women over a certain age should never leave the house without their face on." the problem, at the time, was I wasn't confident enough to feel comfortable in make-up. I wanted to blend, not stand out. Sure, other girls wore make-up, but they were mostly sneaking it on once they got to school... They wanted to wear it.

When I was a junior in high school I rebelled and didn't wear makeup for about six years, with very few exceptions. And then I wore it very minimally, no foundation or powder, just a little blush and mascara.

So, at 38-years-old I am still a makeup novice, often going weeks without any applied.

Today I applied under eye concealer, blush, lipstick, mascara, eyeliner, and four shades of eye shadow.

I asked beautiful Stacy what she thought and she eventually said "well, the 80's ARE coming back."

Okay, that was totally taken out of context but it gave me such a giggle!

I remind myself of Mimi from The Drew Carey Show...



No comments:

Post a Comment