Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sunshine and Sweat

All us girlies were excited to leave the house (hubby has gone to work everyday... the airport does not close.) But hubby was happy to take the girlies to the movies so that I could run errands.

They left about 30 minutes before I did. When I tried to start the car it didn't cooperate. Michael had started it yesterday and it worked... I guess it needs a jump.

As I was trying to start the car I could hear SCRAAAPE, SCRAPE, SCRAAAAPE... but could not figure out where it was coming from. After a little investigation, because it was broad daylight and there was no possibility of it being the killer from the urban legend The Hook, I discovered it was one of our neighbors shoveling ice from his drive.

Hmmm, I wonder if we have a shovel?

Turns out we do. So I looked at the 2-3 inches of ice on our walkway and hi-ho-hi-ho off to shovel I go.

It was really satisfying when I could get a big chunk free. I hope no one was watching because I had a bit of fun with the shovel. You can throw the ice over your shoulder, under your leg, with a right twist swing, or even with a little shuffle.

Thanks to Texas weather, the only bit of white left on my front yard is the bit I just tossed there. Here's on of the big satisfying chunks (not the one in the foreground but the one in the middle):

And here is a red-faced picture of me with my hi-ho gems in the back. They are kinda sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment