Monday, April 8, 2013

Gorgeous (A to Z)

The story of Gorgeous, grandmother to six beautiful children.

Fourteen years ago I was expecting my first baby, a BIG surprise. I was 24 years old and excited and nervous. My mother was... Not yet 50 and too young to be a "grandma."

That name just did not sit well with her.

We all rolled our eyes and waited to see what she would be called. In the meantime I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl who became part of our girls club as if she'd always been here (Me, Mom, my two sisters, and now the baby.)

Because she hadn't settled on a name, my baby girl started calling her "Mom" because that's what the rest of us called her. (I was mommy.)

One day mom decided she wanted to be called "Gorgeous," she'd heard another woman do it and thought it was brills. We rolled our eyes and thought it would never catch on.

But all she had to do was get one little girl to say it and the rest of us fell in line.

I don't think the other five grandchildren knew it was an adjective, to them "Gorgeous" is the special women who loves them with all her heart.

Now everyone calls her Gorgeous, even my therapist :)

And she is, inside and out.

(I've been ill today, so the video will come soon.)


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea. I'm just plain Grandma. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    Rosalind Adam is Writing in the Rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! :) What a great title. (Hope you're feeling better!)

    ReplyDelete