Thursday, January 9, 2014

Wrinkles

Wow! I'm so excited to blog again.  Is it safe? Who knows? I'm sure someone will let me know if my ramblings start sounding paranoid and delusional... but for now my meds seem to be working.

Why am I blogging again? Because I missed it. I love that my life is a little bit different, a little bit awkward, and always a little bit crazy.

So, today... I went to the ladies room with some trepidation because of the rat size roach that was hanging out in there last week. After checking that I didn't have any visitors, this includes checking under the toilet and under the toilet seat, I was able to take care of business.

I was washing my hands when I glanced up at the mirror and noticed the wrinkles all over my forehead. When did those appear? Do I really look that old? My obsession had always been about my weight, not my age... but DAMN, I have a weathered forehead.

I sent a photo to Amy. I mean, shouldn't she have mentioned this to me?


She didn't cooperate with my obsession and left to my own devices I decided to run to CVS at lunch. Thirty minutes of reading labels, brands, and prices I settled on Neutrogena anti-wrinkle scrub, cleanser, daily moisturizer and nighttime moisturizer... I did not wait till I got home to use these products. Did I mention i was obsessing?

I took over the first floor ladies room, avoiding the third floor rat-roach, and started my new skin ritual. Not an easy start, paper towels should NOT be used on one's face.


As I was scrubing-cleansing-moisturizing in the poorly lit bathroom the quote "It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again." repeated over and over in my head.

Name that movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment